- Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Restructuring
- Class Actions
- Commercial Litigation
Year of call to the bar2001
Consistently recognized as a leading practitioner in his areas of expertise, David specializes in civil and commercial litigation and ADR.
David acts as trial and appellate counsel and represents clients in a broad range of business sectors. His litigation practice includes all types of contractual disputes, shareholder and partnership disputes, insolvency/restructuring, class actions, real estate, and employment-related litigation.
David was named by The Best Lawyers in Canada® as a leading lawyer in the areas of Bet-the-Company Litigation, Class Action Litigation, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Corporate & Commercial Litigation and Appellate Law. He is also recognized as a Litigation Star in Arbitration and Commercial Litigation by Benchmark Canada: The Definitive Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys.
David has successfully argued cases before the Supreme Court of Canada – including as lead counsel in Bou Malhab v. Diffusion Métromédia CMR inc. and acting pro bono in Bruker v. Marcovitz – the Federal Court of Appeal, and all levels of court in Québec.
With respect to ADR, David obtained a Diploma in International Arbitration and is a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (FCIArb.), based in London, England. David acts in domestic and international arbitrations, as counsel and arbitrator, across a wide range of areas and advises clients on arbitration-related issues, including drafting arbitration agreements. David trained in Mediation in the Program on Negotiation at Harvard Law School Executive Education course. David was recognized by The Best Lawyers in Canada® as the 2014 Montréal Alternative Dispute Resolution Lawyer of the Year.
- Osgoode Hall Law School, LL.B., 2001
- Université de Montréal, LL.B., 1999 (Dean’s List)
- McGill University, B.A., 1994 (with Great Distinction and Dean’s Honour List)
- Member of the Québec Bar Disciplinary Committee
- Acts as a Chair of the Academic Hearing Panel at Concordia University
- Past President of the Lord Reading Law Society
- Recognized in The Best Lawyers in Canada® as a leading lawyer in the areas of Bet-the-Company Litigation, Class Action Litigation, Alternative Dispute Resolution, Corporate & Commercial Litigation and Appellate Law.
- Named Montréal Alternative Dispute Resolution Lawyer of the Year 2014 by The Best Lawyers in Canada®.
- Recognized as a Litigation Star in the areas of Arbitration and Commercial Litigation by Benchmark Canada: The Definitive Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys.
- Named as a Litigation Lawyer to Watch in The Lexpert® Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-border Litigation Lawyers in Canada.
- Named one of the 2011 Lexpert® Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40.
- David is a prolific writer and sought-after speaker on various issues related to his practice, including in the areas of class actions and arbitration.
- The Bar of Québec
- The Lord Reading Law Society (Past President)