- Bankruptcy, Insolvency & Restructuring
- Bodily and Personal Injury / Medical Malpractice
- Commercial Litigation
- Commercial Transactions
- Insurance & Professional Liability
Year of call to the bar2004
Jean-François Carpentier practices commercial law, focusing on banking, insolvency & restructuring, secured lending and commercial litigation.
Jean-François also handles various civil litigation matters, including cases involving professional malpractice, latent defects and personal injuries. He is the co-author of a leading publication addressing the principles governing damages awarded as a result of personal injuries.
In addition, Jean-François has worked on numerous files dealing with employment-related disputes (including in unfair dismissal cases), representing both employees and employers.
In 2001, Jean-François graduated on the Dean’s List from the University of Montréal and obtained a Masters of Law with honours from the London School of Economics in 2003. He joined the firm following his call to the Bar of Québec in 2004.
- Université de Montréal, LL.B., 2001
- London School of Economics, LL.M., 2003
Recent judgments in which Jean-François represented a party to the proceedings:
- Chélin v Pomminville, 2015 QCCA 125 (CanLII)
- Duni v Druker, 2013 QCCS 5590 (CanLII)
- Perrella v Les Entreprises 6245820 Canada Inc., 2013 CanLII 53562 (CanLII)
- Trépanier Bouchard v Association internationale des machinistes et des travailleuses et travailleurs de l’aérospatiale (AIMTA), 2013 QCCS 3012 (CanLII)
- The Bar of Québec
- The Bar of Montréal
- Young Bar Association of Montréal