Arthur J. Wechsler
Year of call to the bar1990
Arthur has spent his entire legal career of more than 30 years, at Kugler Kandestin. He became a partner in 1998 and was appointed Managing Partner in 2012. He maintains his full litigation practice while overseeing the firm’s direction and Management Committee.
Arthur’s fields of concentration include Bodily and Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice, Civil and Commercial Litigation, Insurance and Class Actions.
Over the past 10 years, Arthur has built up the largest personal and bodily legal practise in the Province of Quebec. He has represented hundreds of severely injured and compromised individuals during that time. Arthur has been lead counsel in some of the biggest judgments and settlements in Quebec in the fields of personal and bodily injury and medical malpractice, pleading cases in both the Quebec Superior Court and Quebec Court of Appeal.
Arthur is one of the attorneys at Kugler Kandestin who most often handles cases on a contingency fee basis. This means that the firm’s remuneration for services rendered will only be earned upon obtaining compensation for the client.
Arthur is often retained by non-Quebec residents who sustain serious injuries in the Province of Quebec. Having also been retained as counsel by Quebec residents who have sustained serious injuries in other countries, Arthur has worked with attorneys around the world in advancing personal injury cases in other jurisdictions.
Arthur is a lecturer at the McGill University Faculty of Law where he teaches Personal and Bodily Injury Law and gives seminars in the field of Bodily and Personal Injury Litigation and Medical Malpractice.
Arthur is fluently bilingual, married and is the proud father of girl/boy twins.
- McGill University, National Law Program, B.C.L., LL.B., 1989
- Arthur has been and remains actively involved in educational, community and philanthropic endeavors, as well as various charitable organizations and institutions.
- Arthur is the Chairman of the Board and on the Executive of the St. Mary’s Hospital Foundation, he is a member of the McGill Faculty of Law Innovation in Teaching and Learning Advisory Group and is a Board Member of the House of Israel Synagogue.
- Arthur has been consistently recognized in the “List of Best Lawyers in Canada” in the field of Bodily and Personal Injury. In 2014, he was recognized as the leading Personal and Bodily Injury lawyer in the Province of Quebec.
- The Bar of Quebec
- The Canadian Bar Association
- American Association for Justice