- Commercial Litigation Lawyer
- Class Action Lawsuits Canada
- Personal Injury & Medical Malpractice Lawyers
- Lawyers Insurance & Professional Liability
Year of call to the bar2016
Jérémie joined Kugler Kandestin in 2018 as an associate. In his practice, Jérémie represents dozens of victims of bodily injury, sexual assault, and victims involved in complex medical malpractice cases. He has also developed significant experience in all aspects of class actions. Since joining the firm, Jérémie has worked on, among other cases, the following class actions:
- Representing the victims of sexual assault in the class actions brought against the religious order Les Frères du Sacré-Coeur, which resulted in a historic out-of-Court settlement of $60 million (F. v. Frères du Sacré-Cœur, 2021 QCCS 3621);
- Representing the class members in the class action brought against the Fédération des Caisses Desjardins du Québec in connection with the personal data breach, which resulted in a historic out-of-Court settlement of over $200 million (subject to Court approval, click here to view this class action page);
- Representing the victims of sexual assault in the class action brought against the religious order Les Servites de Marie, which resulted in an out-of-Court settlement of more than $11 million ( Y. v. Servites de Marie, 2021 QCCS 2712);
- Representing the victims of sexual assault by former hockey coach François Lamarre in the class action brought against the City of Longueuil (Cormier v. Ville de Longueuil et al., 2021 QCCS 3927);
- Acting for dentists in Quebec in the class action brought against the insurance company, L’Unique, in connection with business losses resulting from COVID-19 (Centre dentaire Boulevard Galeries d’Anjou inc. v . L’Unique assurances générales inc., 2021 QCCS 3461, leave to appeal dismissed by: L’Unique assurances générales inc. Centre dentaire Boulevard Galeries d’Anjou inc., 2021 QCCA 1757).
During his studies, Jérémie clerked for the Honourable Julie Dutil, then Coordinating Judge of the Court of Appeal of Québec, and was a teaching and research assistant for a number of professors at Laval University’s Faculty of Law.
- Laval University, LL.B. (hons.), 2015
- The Bar of Québec
- Young Bar Association of Montréal
- Class Actions Lab (University of Montréal)