Year of call to the bar1996
Sandra Mastrogiuseppe is a partner in the Litigation practice group.
Sandra specializes in commercial litigation and arbitration. She has extensive experience pleading before the Superior and Appellate courts of the Province of Québec, as well as before the Federal Court of Canada.
Sandra has been involved in a broad range of complex files, including contractual conflicts, injunctions, seizures and shareholder disputes.
As part of her shareholder disputes practice, Sandra regularly advises clients on a variety of available oppression remedies. She is also consulted on a regular basis to recommend viable alternatives and business solutions, as may be required.
Sandra has represented a wide range of public and private companies, including BCE Inc., CGI Group Inc., Dollarama L.P., First Capital Realty Inc., Groupe Dynamite, Home Depot Canada Inc., I.M.P. Group Limited, Jesta Capital Corp., Le Château, and Reitmans (Canada) Limited.
- McGill University, B.A., History and Political Science, 1992
- Université de Montréal, LL.B., 1995
- Sandra acts as a Chair for Concordia University’s Student Tribunals, overseeing academic disciplinary hearings.
- Sandra is the Chair of the Board of Directors (local) of the Salvation Army L’Abri d’espoir and the Booth Centre
- Fluent in Italian, Sandra enjoys playing an active part in the Italian community. She is a member of the Centre culturel de la Petite Italie-Casa d’Italia, an institution which has been a mainstay in the community since 1936.
- Sandra is consistently recognized:
- as a “Litigation Star” in Benchmark Canada: The Definitive Guide to Canada’s Leading Litigation Firms & Attorneys.
- by Best Lawyers in Canada in the practice areas of Alternative Dispute Resolution and Corporate and Commercial Litigation.
- in the Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory in the area of Corporate Commercial Litigation.
- “L’Émergence de fraudes électroniques: Comment combattre le vol d’informations confidentielles par des employés?”, published in Premières en affaires (Winter 2010-2011).
- Sandra has spoken on oppression remedies and on the advantages and challenges of arbitration.
- Sandra has participated in advocacy courses and been a guest lecturer at McGill University, Faculty of Law.
- The Canadian Bar Association
- The Bar of Québec
Suite 1170 , Montréal , H3B 2A7