Founded in 1926, Kugler Kandestin is a premier boutique law firm located in Montréal, Québec.
Our size, small by design, affords us the flexibility to deliver creative, cost-effective results. At the same time, given our track record of success, we regularly go toe to toe with Canada’s largest firms, obtaining precedent-setting judgments and settlements for our clients in all of our practice areas.
Our distinguished reputation in the legal community and our client list are testaments to our standards of excellence and to the level of importance we attach to every case we handle and every transaction we oversee.
We practice civil and commercial law, specializing in the following areas:
- Current Class Actions
- Kugler Kandestin, in collaboration with LPC Avocats Inc., files class action against the Desjardins Group in connection with massive data breach of close to 3 million members
- Court authorizes class action for defective Norton products
- Court authorizes class action concerning Expedia.ca, Hotels.com and Travelscape.ca websites
- Court of Appeal of Quebec confirms $14 billion damages award against Canadian tobacco industry giants
- Kugler Kandestin, in collaboration with Sotos LLP, files class action lawsuit against the federal government for discrimination in the funding of First Nations child and family services.
- New Application for Authorization to Institute a Class Action on behalf of individuals who were sexually abused by religious members of the Brothers of the Sacred Heart across Québec
- Securities Class Actions vs. Avantage Link Inc. (formerly Jitec Inc.) et als.
- Court authorizes Class Action Against Sirius XM Canada Inc.
- Class action on behalf of sexual abuse victims at Collège Servite (formerly Collège Notre-Dame des Servites) in Ayer’s Cliff
- Class Action against Gilbert Rozon
- Gordon Kugler
- Michael H. Kay
- Gerald F. Kandestin
- Pierre Boivin
- Arthur J. Wechsler
- Michael Gaon
- Gordon Levine
- Sandra Mastrogiuseppe
- Stuart Kugler
- Robert Kugler
- David Stolow
- Alexandre Brosseau-Wery
- Jean-François Carpentier
- Jonathan Gottlieb
- Olivera Pajani
- William Colish
- Jeremy Cuttler
- Éva Richard
- Jérémie Longpré