Founded in 1926, Kugler Kandestin is a premier boutique law firm located in Montréal, Québec.
Our size, small by design, affords us the flexibility to deliver creative, cost-effective results. At the same time, given our track record of success, we regularly go toe to toe with Canada’s largest firms, obtaining precedent-setting judgments and settlements for our clients in all of our practice areas.
Our distinguished reputation in the legal community and our client list are testaments to our standards of excellence and to the level of importance we attach to every case we handle and every transaction we oversee.
We practice civil and commercial law, specializing in the following areas:
- Current Class Actions
- Kugler Kandestin helps Inuit youth in Nunavik bring class action against governments of Canada and Quebec over discriminatory underfunding
- Agreement in Principle reached with the Federal Government for $20 billion to compensate First Nations youth and their families.
- The Court of Appeal of Quebec refuses to grant leave to appeal the judgment authorizing Kugler Kandestin to file a class action against L’Unique Assurances Générales Inc. for failing to indemnify dental clinics for their business interruption losses arising from COVID-19.
- Depuy ASR hip implants class action
- Class action against L’Unique Assurances Générales Inc. for failing to indemnify dental clinics for their business interruption losses due to COVID-19
- Kugler Kandestin authorized to file class action on behalf of the victims of sexual assault committed by former hockey coach François Lamarre
- Class action authorized against Les Soeurs de la Charité and the CIUSSS de la Capitale-Nationale
- December 17, 2021: the Superior Court approves the partial settlement of class action against Québec City for failure to have detainees appear in court within 24 hours of their arrest
- Court authorizes Class Action Against Federal Express Canada Corporation
- Kugler Kandestin files class action to seek compensation for the residents, and their family members, of CHSLD Herron
- Pierre Boivin
- Mélissa Des Groseilliers
- Alexandre Brosseau-Wery
- Jean-François Carpentier
- William Colish
- Jeremy Cuttler
- Michael Gaon
- Jonathan Gottlieb
- Gerald F. Kandestin
- Michael H. Kay
- Gordon Kugler
- Robert Kugler
- Stuart Kugler
- Gordon Levine
- Jérémie Longpré
- Sandra Mastrogiuseppe
- Olivera Pajani
- Éva Richard
- David Stolow
- Arthur J. Wechsler