- Bodily & Personal Injury / Medical Malpractice
- Civil and Commercial Litigation
- Class Actions
- Insurance & Professional Liability
Year of call to the bar2002
Alexandre has been an attorney at Kugler Kandestin for 19 years and was named a partner of the firm in 2010.
Alexandre’s core practice is centered on medical malpractice and bodily and personal injury, and focuses on maximising damage awards related to catastrophic physical injuries, which include loss of income due to disability, cost of future care and moral damages.
Over the past several years, Alexandre has successfully handled numerous cases on behalf of victims of malpractice or bodily or personal injury, before all levels of the courts of Québec, in matters involving numerous medical specialties, such as obstetrics, anesthesia, surgery, endocrinology, radiology, oncology, orthopaedics, neurology, otorhinolaryngology and interventional radiology. In such cases, Alexandre has recovered for his clients by way of settlement or judgment compensations totalling several millions of dollars.
He takes particular pride in his personal approach to each mandate, striving to ensure his clients understand and are comfortable with every step of the litigation process. Alexandre often accepts to work on a contingency fee basis, such that no legal fees are paid by the client unless they receive compensation.
Alexandre also handles subrogated damage claims on behalf of insurers in matters involving complex technical and scientific issues of liability and causation, as well as various insurance and civil litigation matters.
Alexandre has co-authored and regularly updates the Assessment of personal injuries section of the Québec Juris-Classeur, a legal encyclopaedia published by LexisNexis.
He is also occasionally called upon to lecture on the assessment of personal injuries.
Alexandre sits on the Liaison Committee with the Superior Court of the Bar of Montreal.
- Université de Montréal, LL.B., 2001
- Université de Poitiers, French Law Certificate (Initiation), 2001
- Lavoie c. Stein, 2015 QCCA 301
- Laval (Ville de) c. Factory Mutual Insurance Company, 2014 QCCA 1906
- Lavoie c. Stein, 2013 QCCS 3471
- Entrevue radio avec Paul Arcand concernant l’autorisation du recours collectif contre A25
- Union des consommateurs c. Concession A25, s.e.c., 2013 QCCS 76
- Factory Mutual Insurance Company c. Laval (Ville de), 2012 QCCS 6185
- Ambroise c. Compagnie d’assurances Standard Life, 2011 QCCS 3998
- Clermont Bizzaro c. Artuso, 2010 QCCA 2220
- Corporation de l’École polytechnique de Montréal c. Fardad, 2010 QCCA 992
- Disques Atlantis inc. et als c. Téléfilm Canada, 2008 QCCS 5921
- Jasztex Fibers inc. c. Royal & SunAlliance du Canada, société d’assurances, 2007 QCCS 3538
- Collège d’enseignement général et professionnel de Maisonneuve c. Imbeault, 2008 QCCA 1102
- Jlassi c. 154888 Canada Inc., 2005 CanLII 23413
- Placements Biznex inc. c. Sobeys Québec inc., 2017 QCCS 3681
- The Bar of Québec
- The Canadian Bar Association
- The Bar of Montréal